Thursday, December 17, 2009

Great Produce Deal!

I just got back from Publix where I purchased sweet potatoes for 29 cents a pound! I also got tangerines 10 for $1 !! Where I'm going to put 20 tangerines is another question, I already have the fridge full of apples from the last sale!

I love to have fruit in the house, but sometimes it's just too pricey. And eating bananas every day can get old. My son LOVES blueberries, but at $4 a pound, it's just too expensive. When I find a great sale on fruit I buy as much as my budget can afford. Like today I purchase 20 tangerines for $2.00. They are a great snack, and will be a nice change from the apples I stocked up on 2 weeks ago.

I also purchased 6 pounds of sweet potatoes for $1.67 in place of the regular potatoes I pay $3.50 for. It will be a nice change from the plain ones!

So, don't forget to check the produce sales when you go to the grocery store. You never know what GREAT deals you can get!!

Happy Saving!

No comments: